**TPW uses natural light for all sessions. If there is no sunshine/ is bad weather expected during your shoot, we will need to reschedule your session**
When do I schedule my appointment?
• I generally book out 2-4 months in advance with weekend, fall and Christmas sessions booking even faster. Please email me for availability.
• For maternity sessions, please contact me prior to your 3rd trimester.
• For newborn sessions, please contact me while you are still pregnant. We will schedule you based on your due date. The session should take place before baby is 10 days old.
When do I get to see my proofs?
• Proofs are ready for viewing 3-4 weeks after your session. You will be contacted when they are ready.
What should I wear?
• I LOVE color. I prefer my clients to wear color, layers, textures, etc. Please no solid white or solid black (except for newborn sessions). Don’t forget to accessorize! Hats, scarves, jewelry, etc. For examples on what to wear, click HERE.
How do I prepare for my session?
• You don’t have to go overboard, but definitely do your hair, put on a some make up and take a look at your nails 🙂 Make sure the kiddos are well rested. If your child isn’t feeling 100%, we will want to reschedule so that we can get the best pictures possible.
What time of day do you schedule sessions?
• For studio sessions, these can be booked just about any time during daylight hours. (I’m a natural light photog)
• For outdoor sessions, I prefer to shoot 1-2 hours before sunset for the best lighting.
Do you provide any props?
• Do I ever! I have an entire wall of props in the studio including baskets, vintage luggage, ladders, quilts, tutus, chairs, etc. You are welcome to the entire collection for studio sessions and are welcome to request items for outdoor sessions. I also have tons of blankets, wraps, headbands, hats and more for newborn and baby sessions.
How often should I have pictures done?
• Most families have at least one annual family photo session. Kids photos should be done twice a year and for special occasions.
• For kiddos under 2: Newborn, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 18 months and 2 years.